Nutritionists and Dietitians available in Jinitto
At Jinitto we only accept nutritionists awarded a recognized qualification by the leading nutrition bodies.
We also preselect those bodies to make sure they require from their applicants:
- Proof of competence (wich we currently set at at least a Level 6 in a relevant field OR competencies of the National Occupational Standards)
- Adherance to a strict code of ethics and standards
- A professional insurance
Nutritionist is actually a broad term and encompass the below:
Dieteticians are qualified health professionals, who as well as providing general health advice, can also work with people with special dietary needs due to health conditions such as coeliac disease.
By law, they have to be registered and regulated by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
2. Nutritional Therapists
They identify potential nutritional imbalances and understand how these may contribute to an individual’s symptoms and health concerns. They take into account the unique dietary needs of each individual and often work with chronic conditions such as allergies, digestive and bowel disorders, hormonal imbalances and the overweight.
At Jinitto, we require their registration with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and favor those who are member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT).
Nutritionists have an understanding of the scientific base of nutrition and provide evidence-based information about the impacts of food and nutrition on the health and well-being of humans and animals. A nutritionist should be able to provide information about food and healthy eating, but not about special diets for medical conditions.
At Jinitto, we currently only accept Nutritionists registered with the Association for Nutrition (AfN)
Their title is either Full Registrants (RNutrs or RPHNutrs) or Associate Registrants (ANutr or APHNutr) depending if they have more or less than 3 years of professional experience.
Bear in mind that the qualifications are generalist, so you might want to look for professionals in your area of interest for the most pointed questions.
Who can benefit by Nutritionists on Jinitto
The typical clients are:
- Anybody who wonder about Healthy Diet.
- Anybody who wonder about Weight Management.
- Anybody who wonder about Nutrients in food.
- Anybody who wonder about Baby and Children diets.
- Anybody who wonder about Sport and Diet.
People who wonder about Diet and Medical condition are advised to look for a Dietetician, which is the only qualification in the field of Nutrition that guarantee a formal training in this respect.
What questions are typically asked to the Nutritionists
Disclaimer: the time estimates are purely indicative and may vary depending on your particular circumstances.
Probably less than 15 mns:
- Is too much Vitamin E dangerous?
- Is there any proven benefits in taking Vitamin E supplement?
- Shall I take Vitamin D supplement in winter?
- I like spicy food. Is it dangerous long term?
- Shall I drink milk after eating too strong chillies?
- I’d like to go Vegan. Am I going to loose muscle?
Probably less than 30 mns:
- I’d like to go Vegan. Could I suffer from nutritional defficiencies?
- Shall I buy Organic only?
- My mouth usually burns a little when I eat prawns. Am I allergic?
- How often should I eat per day?
- Shall I avoid trans fat?
- What shall I eat to get beautiful hair?
- My 3 years old is a fussy eater. Are there healthy but tempting food options?
Probably an hour or more:
- I want to improve my 5K run time. What shall I eat?
- What’s the best diet for my bodybuilding?
- How can I loose weight without feeling hunger?
- I always feel tired. Is my nutrition wrong?
- A parent had pancreatic cancer. Can I adopt a protective diet?
- Is Intermitant Fasting an option for me?
- I tried a Ketogenic diet but felt weird after 3 days. Can we review what I potentially did wrong?