Bruises are signs of injuries to soft tissue. The damage often occurs generally, beneath unbroken skin, and is seen through skin tissue.
It is caused by an blow or injury to a specific body part that breaks blood vessels underneath the skin. Blood then seeps out of the vessels, causing , swelling, discoloration and pain.
Also bruises can be caused by insufficient blood clotting factors, nutrient deficiencies and serious illnesses such as leukemia. To heal your bruises faster, you must address some dietary deficiencies and rest that area.
Best Foods to Heal Bruises
1. Lean protein: Protein is essential to rebuild busted blood vessels. Opt for at least 4-5 oz per meal daily.
2. Green leafy vegetables: Vegetables provide vitamin K, which are important for blood clotting.
3. Citrus fruit and other colorful fruits or vegetables:
Citrus provides bioflavonoids and Vitamin C that help with wound healing.
4. Wild-caught fish: Essential fats are important to help heal wounds.
5. Zinc: The chemical reactions that are essential to promote wound healing require zinc. Zinc can be found in beef, oysters, spinach and pumpkin seeds, which you can add into your diet.
Natural Remedies to Heal Bruises
1. Bioflavonoids – 500 mg complex 3x daily: Have similar wound healing properties as vitamin C.
2. Bromelain – 500 mg 3x daily: This enzyme is found in pineapple which help reduce swelling.
3. Folate – 400 micrograms per day: This nutrient is necessary for cell division and other processes. A faster recovery from bruising is supported by folate.
4. Vitamin C – 500-1000 mg daily: Is an antioxidant that helps manufacture collagen, which is important for healing damaged blood vessels.
5. Vitamin K – 2 mg x 2 weeks: Vitamin K are involved in blood clotting. Remember not to take vitamin K supplements, if you are taking blood thinners.
Essential Oils for Bruises
1. Frankincense essential oil: Contains boswellia and other compounds that can help reduce the appearance of bruising. For application, rub several drops of frankincense directly on the bruised area at least 3x daily.
2. Arnica oil – apply to skin 2x daily: You can apply over the area of the bruise only if the skin is not broken.
Foods that Cause Bruising
1. Sugar: Promotes inflammation and reduces the healing of tissues.
2. Trans fats: Decreases healing and promotes inflammation.
3. Processed foods: Contains dyes and chemicals, which can slow wound healing.
4. White and wheat products: Can act as an anti-nutrient, that pulls nutrients out of your body.
This article is published in 1mhealthtips.com